Monday, May 13, 2013

A New Approach to Melanoma


A new research project in mice may hold promise for humans.  Russian scientists injected mice with melanoma cells.  After 10 days, half of the mice received treatment with MMP-9 inhibitor 7!  By inhibiting MMP-9 the growth of the melanoma tumors was suppressed by 43% and blood vessel growth was depressed 53.4%.  Human trials await to commence.

As a Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon, I deal with melanoma frequently. This hopeful news. Or, it may be. 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your web site in my social networks!

My weblog: provillus

May 14, 2013 at 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home