Friday, January 18, 2013

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome


This disease complex is well known to many people.  It is a highlighted by severe fatigue, muscle pain and can affect a person's cognitive abilities such as memory.  

It is also known as myalgic encephalo myelitis and it affects over one million people.  The exact cause is still unknown but viruses may play a role. 

A drug company called Hemispherex Biopharma developed a drug called Ampligen to help treat this condition.  

It has been in development for 2 decades!  Is it any wonder drugs are so expensive.  

They will re-review their data and re-submit it.  Part of the problem for funding effective treatments is simply trying to define the cause.  

Ampligen increases the immune system and helps the body fight viruses.  An antiviral drug from Roche called Valcyte showed that some patients with CFS benefited from it.

As a plastic surgeon in Fort Myers, I eagerly await the introduction of new medicines that can ease public suffering. Thank yoiu.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day I am so delighted I found your blog, I
really found you by mistake, while I was researching on Bing for something
else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like
to say thank you for a marvelous post and a all round thrilling
blog (I also love the theme/design), I don't have time to read through it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome job.

my weblog check out the site

April 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home