Tuesday, September 18, 2012

How do female breasts "age"?



As a plastic surgeon in Fort Myers and Cape Coral, Florida, I am regularly asked by women, "How do I keep my breasts from aging.  How can I keep them young looking?"

A recent report in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal had a fascinating study of 161 sets of identical twins.  

The study was done at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland.  What did they learn?  

1. Twins who moisturized their breasts everyday had fewer wrinkles.  

2. Women who received hormone replacement therapy after menopause had a more attractive breast shape, areolar shape and projection.  

3. Women who breast-fed had less attractive shape and nipple areolar size/shape. 

PS: No one wants to discourage breast-feeding. It certainly has benefits that go beyond the shape and appearance of aging breasts. But facts are facts and should be reported as such. I want my patients well informed, but I leave the choice to you.

If you ever have any questions about any of my blog messages, please email me at

RJBrueck@abodyandface.com 

or join the conversation at

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home