Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Reverse Aging

Remember the name “Inserm”!

An arm of the French Health Ministry recently rejuvenated cells from an elderly donor, 100 or so years old. The
old cells were re-programmed by the researchers, which turned the old cells into what are called I.P.S.C. or induced (genetically engineered} pluti-potent stem cells.

According to Dr. LeMaitre, one of the principal investigators, signs of aging were reversed. The stem cells that were produced could differentiate into various cell lives ie: bone cells or cartilage cells.

The research is exciting!

I like to follow these developments as they relate to my Fort Myers plastic surgery practice. Let me know if you find them interesting, please.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excеllent wеb sіte you
have hеre.. Ӏt's hard to find high quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!
Take a look at my web page - skin care technology

September 30, 2012 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home