Thursday, March 24, 2011

Plastic Surgery- The new "Vampire Face Lift"

This is the blog of Dr. Robert J Brueck MD FACS, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Fort Myers.

I recently was asked about the new " Vampire Face lift".


I guess it was on TV shows and other news outlets. I must confess my TV watching is limited and it usually comes down to sports and news programs- sorry Oprah, sorry Rachel Ray. I did some investigating.

Apparently a " Vampire " face lift involves drawing of a patients blood, spinning it down and removing the layer containing platelets and other key growth nutrients. These are then injected back into the patients face under their skin.

This is nothing new since I have been doing this for some time now. We take the patients PRP (protein rich plasma) mix it with fat and stem cells and some times a little growth factor and use this to help augment parts of a
patients face that have lost soft tissue bulk. Sometimes I'll make the consistency more liquid and inject under a patients forehead to help rejuvenate from the inside out.


The final question - Does it work?

I think that, the take of the fat grafts is improved and enhanced by combining all of their elements into a " youth restoring cocktail." This would be PRP, fat and stem cells with a touch of growth hormone.

Does injecting simply PRP with a small number of fat stem cells make a difference? The answer simply is I don't know. There are many people doubting this as the new fountain of youth.

There have been no clinical trials to whether this is true or not.

The marketing hype is tremendous. But as interest grows, more studies will be done to answer some of the lingering questions.

If you have questions call me (239)-939-5233 or email me at
rjbrueck@abodyandface.com





Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a good blog. Keep up all the work. I too love blogging and expressing my opinions. Thanks

March 27, 2011 at 2:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is wonderful blog. I love it.

March 27, 2011 at 6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep up the superb piece of work, I read few posts on this site and I think that your weblog is real interesting and holds sets of good information.
some genuinely superb information, Sword lily I discovered this.

March 31, 2011 at 8:33 AM  
Anonymous rhinoplasty said...

There are new techniques and technologies and surgery is going ahead to become the show stealer and the healer of most diseases and facial and body discrepancies.

April 1, 2011 at 9:55 PM  
Anonymous Selphyl said...

A great open minded opinion. As technology grows we'd be interested to see how your opinions change if at all.

July 19, 2011 at 11:34 AM  
Anonymous facial surgery said...

Plastic surgery change the look as want of peoples. It make hilarious and attractive to beauty. It will create horrible too if that want of patient.

January 17, 2012 at 9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A pink round bassinet with pink decorative bed linen can really
look stunning any time of the day or night.
If you have a small nursery set up, space could be
a major issue. Then, when the time comes for the baby to be placed
in the crib to sleep, it makes for an easy transition as the bassinet can be placed within
the crib until the infant becomes more comfortable in
this newer space.

my web page ... loft bed

June 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's an amazing paragraph in support of all the web users; they will obtain benefit from it I am sure.
best anti aging skin care

December 3, 2013 at 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home